- "Infidelity is best defined as the breaking of trust that occurs when you keep intimate, meaningful secrets from your partner."
- "Addictions are intimacy disorders. Good addiction treatment focuses on the restoration of intimacy and emotional connection."
- "People can be addicted to behaviors as well as substances."
- "After infidelity is discovered, rigorous honesty and the development of empathy are paramount."
- "Women and men view sex and relationships differently. Women see things holistically, men are more able to compartmentalize."
- "A life crisis presents an opportunity, however painful, for personal growth."
- "With infidelity, it’s not any particular sexual act that causes the most pain to the betrayed partner. It’s the loss of relationship trust that hurts the most."
- "Sex addiction is not about sex, it’s about “losing oneself” in the fantasy-fueled pursuit of sex."
- "Addictions are all about escape. Addicts aren’t trying to feel good, they’re trying to feel less."
- "Digital devices can both foster and prevent genuine intimate connection."
As many of you know, I’ve got a new book out called Prodependence: Moving Beyond Codependency
. Prodependence is the first new paradigm addressing the care provided to spouses, partners, and family members of addicts since the codependency model was developed 35 years ago. You can learn about the prodependence model in the book and on my prodependence.com
Free Help for Sex & Porn Addiction
Would you like to speak with Rob?
Robert Weiss is conducting live weekly webinars on SexandRelationshipHealing.com. These sessions are open to all who wish to participate. For more information click this link
Robert Weiss PhD, LCSW, CSAT is a therapist, educator, and author specializing in sex and intimacy issues in the digital age. His primary areas of expertise include: