- "Infidelity is best defined as the breaking of trust that occurs when you keep intimate, meaningful secrets from your partner."
- "Addictions are intimacy disorders. Good addiction treatment focuses on the restoration of intimacy and emotional connection."
- "People can be addicted to behaviors as well as substances."
- "After infidelity is discovered, rigorous honesty and the development of empathy are paramount."
- "Women and men view sex and relationships differently. Women see things holistically, men are more able to compartmentalize."
- "A life crisis presents an opportunity, however painful, for personal growth."
- "With infidelity, it’s not any particular sexual act that causes the most pain to the betrayed partner. It’s the loss of relationship trust that hurts the most."
- "Sex addiction is not about sex, it’s about “losing oneself” in the fantasy-fueled pursuit of sex."
- "Addictions are all about escape. Addicts aren’t trying to feel good, they’re trying to feel less."
- "Digital devices can both foster and prevent genuine intimate connection."
Robert Weiss LCSW, CSAT-S is a therapist, educator, and author specializing in sex and intimacy issues in the digital age. His primary areas of expertise include: